This is one in a series of posts that will look at the performance and #a11y metrics of the websites for the currently declared 2020 Democratic presidential candidates. Yeah, all of them! For more background on what I’m doing and how I’m doing it check read this.
Performance: 78 out of 100
Decent scores, but cache times for many items are set to a measly 5 minutes. As these assets tend not to be changed often or ever, a longer cache time would improve subsequent page loads and navigation.
Accessibility: 76 out of 100
- This score obscures some major issues. Their are no visual :focus indicators for tabbing through the site.
- Main navigation is hidden behind an inaccessible hamburger menu.
- While tabbing brings you to interactive elements, the visibility of those elements is controlling by scrolling the screen, leaving you with empty white space and no content.
Best Practices: 93 out of 100
Loading both mobile and desktop sized portraits when only one is needed.
SEO: 100 out of 100
- HTTPS: yes
- 66 Requests
- 3.9 MB resources
- Largest asset is a 427 KB mp4, optimized for playback.
- No clue! Let’s say… uh… windmills.
There’s a major fundraising deadline looming, don’t leave the page or DOOOOOM!