This was an experiment for potential use in e-Learning courses. So often I’m tasked with fitting a full resolution screen shot into a tiny box and still have the text readable by a user, something that would otherwise be impossible without a zoom (1024×768 images with 12px text aren’t very crisp when you shrink them down to 400×300). New ideas are scary to clients though, so this little Flash piece hasn’t graduated to a full production course yet.
A pie type of loader was thrown in for good measure.
Flash Image Viewer Demo
The source for this can be downloaded for your own use here.
Launched the brand new version of the ThesePeople website to coincide with our 75th sketch. There were quite a lot of goals to accomplish with this new version over the last including:
- Sketches, right up front played in the great JW Player! It’s a video sketch troupe, featured videos need to be right front and center when you come in
- Video comments from users. We weren’t setting out to recreate the functionality of YouTube or anything but getting feedback from viewers was important
- Photos galleries using SlideShowPro to better show off the pretty faces and behind-the-scenes antics
- Clear and concise merchandise ordering pages, accessible right in the sidebar
Design & development of a website for Detroit, Michigan based comedy troupe ThesePeople, includes:
- HTML, CSS
- PHP & MySQL Backend
- Flash Video
- Closed Captioning for accessibility
- iPhone & Android compatible video player
View Live Site
They didn’t make a big deal of it on their site or anything, much to my chagrin, but I recently won a tiny contest over at Coudal Partners. Basically it was a “send us your creative photo booth pictures.”
Here was my entry and here was the
little blurb in their recent newsletter.
My guess is they didn’t really have many entries, but I’ll take the prizes just the same.
Release date: 2008-04-15